Central and Eastern Europe
- Central and Eastern European meeting on SAICM, Riga, Latvia, 4-6 December 2006
- 2nd Central and Eastern European (CEE) regional meeting on SAICM and associated workshops, Bucharest, Romania, 8-11 September 2008
- Meeting of the Central and Eastern European Regional Coordination Group (CEE RCG) on (SAICM), Brno, Czech Republic, Czech Republic, 6 September 2009
- Third Central and Eastern European regional meeting on SAICM and associated workshops on mercury and a workshop on nanotechnology, Lodz, Poland, 7-11 December 2009
- 2nd meeting of the Bureau of the International Conference on Chemicals Management , Ljubljana, Slovenia, 9-10 June 2011
- 4th Central and Eastern European regional meeting on the SAICM and UNITAR workshop on Nanotechnology , Lodz, Poland, 27-29 June 2011
Regional coordination arrangements
The SAICM regional focal point for Central and Eastern Europe is Mr. Jerzy Majka (Poland). The region is represented by the Governments of Armenia and FYR Macedonia on the Executive Board of the SAICM Quick Start Programme (QSP). Terms of reference for the regional focal point and representatives on the QSP Executive Board were agreed at the region’s first meeting, held in Riga from 4-6 December 2006. At its second meeting, held in Bucharest on 8 and 9 September 2008, the region agreed to establish a regional coordination group.
Regional QSP projects activities
Stakeholders in the region are participating in the SAICM QSP projects.