Composition of the Bureau in office until the closure of the Fifth session of the Conference
President of the Conference
- Mrs. Gertrud Sahler (Germany)
- Mr. Bishwanath Sinha (India)
- Mr. Szymon Domagalski (Poland)
- Ms. Leticia Reis Carvalho (Brazil)
- Mr. David Kapindula (Zambia)
Contact details for Bureau members
Consistent with the multi-sectoral character of SAICM and in accordance with rule 15 of the Conference's rules of procedure, four representatives of non-governmental participants and the chair of the Inter-Organization Programme for the Sound Management of Chemicals participate in Bureau meetings. The following were elected by and from non-governmental participants at the second session to represent each of the health, industry, trade union, and public interest groups:
- Mr Brian Kohler (International Trade Union Confederation)
- Ms. Susan Wilburn (Health Care Without Harm)
- Ms. Joe DiGangi (International POPs Elimination Network)
- Mr. Greg Skelton (International Council of Chemical Associations)
- Mr. Bob Diderich (OECD), current chair of the IOMC, participates in Bureau meetings as the IOMC representative.
Contact details for IOMC and NGO participants in Bureau meetings
As envisaged in resolution II/2 on regional activities and coordination, the regional focal points will assist the Bureau members of their respective regions, in particular by channeling necessary information and views from the region to them. The Bureau has invited regional focal point to participate in Bureau meetings.